About Me and My Blog

I am a Christian wife, mother, grandmother, teacher, friend and who ever else I am. I have been married for thirty-one years to my best friend, Greg. We live in a small town in East Texas. I am the FCS County Extension Agent. I enjoy sewing, camping, gardening, spending time with family, traveling, riding with Greg on his motorcycle. I am learning about beekeeping, soapmaking, rainwater catchment and other farmish type activities.
The name of my blog comes from a sermon I heard once about a time when Paul had been arrested and was being taken to Rome as a prisoner. The ship, on which he traveled found safe harbor, for the winter, at a place called Fairhaven. The captain of the ship wasn't content with staying so he set sail again and later was ship wrecked. I apply this to my life in that I want to be content with where God has me and what he has for me. If I am not I may end up like the ship that carried Paul, shipwrecked.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Various Business

Well, I have decided what I will picture at the first of each month. Actually, I have decided on three. They are as follows.
First, my kitchen table. Yes, I am a piler, a clutter bug, but I am organized in my unorganized way. When I walk in the door everything hits the table. I am working on getting better at putting things up when I use them, but this doesn't come naturally. My mother wonders what she did wrong. I hope by taking a picture of my table each month it will motivate me to clean it off and use my table linens more often. I decided to get the picture of how it really looks.
Next, is my desk at school. It looks very good right, but a couple of days ago it looked about as bad as my kitchen table. I have been working all week to get my classroom organized, get filing done and get rid of stuff I don't need. I teach six different classes and have so much stuff that it is difficult keeping it all in order. A student, that I don't normally teach, came in my room today and told me he thought my room was a storage room because of all the boxes and books. That is really sad. I am hoping just as with my kitchen table that taking a monthly picture will help me keep it straight. I am making a rule for myself. I won't take it off my desk just for the picture, unless I put it where it belongs.
The third picture will be of the front of our little house. I will have to take it tomorrow and add it.
I received a nice gift today from my farm friend, Candy at http://lazyjbarcfarm.blogspot.com/. Thank you, it is such a creative gift. It was a pasta themed package. The pasta is homemade. That is another thing on my "Bucket List", making pasta. I look forward to trying it all and would have tonight, but I already had supper cooking in the slow cooker.
Greg is watching the movie "Rambo" and Rambo just crawled through the rat infested cave and all the rats jumped on him and started biting him. It gives me the creeps.

1 comment:

Candy C. said...

I'm glad your package arrived okay! I'm looking forward to seeing the progress you make each month! You are braver than I, I would never show the mess on my kitchen table! LOL!!