About Me and My Blog

I am a Christian wife, mother, grandmother, teacher, friend and who ever else I am. I have been married for thirty-one years to my best friend, Greg. We live in a small town in East Texas. I am the FCS County Extension Agent. I enjoy sewing, camping, gardening, spending time with family, traveling, riding with Greg on his motorcycle. I am learning about beekeeping, soapmaking, rainwater catchment and other farmish type activities.
The name of my blog comes from a sermon I heard once about a time when Paul had been arrested and was being taken to Rome as a prisoner. The ship, on which he traveled found safe harbor, for the winter, at a place called Fairhaven. The captain of the ship wasn't content with staying so he set sail again and later was ship wrecked. I apply this to my life in that I want to be content with where God has me and what he has for me. If I am not I may end up like the ship that carried Paul, shipwrecked.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I have been going through a lot of old pictures and scanning them.  This past Sunday I went through a bunch at my mother-in-law's house.  I wanted some of my husband when he was younger and of his family.  My husband Greg is a twin and I have been having a lot of fun on Facebook, posting pictures and having friends that know him try and guess which one is Greg and which is his brother.  I have never really been able to tell in the older pictures.  When we were first married they both worked at the same place, were about the same size and had their hair about the same.  When I would go to the shop to see Greg, I would look at their work boots to make sure I was going up to the right one.  Greg had bought new boots when we first got married.  I must say I do know them apart now.
This one I am not sure about, but I think Greg is on the left.

This one Greg is on the left.

Here they don't look much alike.  They are on the backrow, Greg is on the right.

Here they are now Greg is on the right.

2 comments:

Candy C. said...

OMG! Good thing you remembered to check the work boots! LOL!!
They sure do look alike in the younger pictures, it's a wonder their folks could tell them apart! :)

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I came across your blog on MJF. I had to gasp at the 3rd photo down. I have photos of my family (when I was a child) with the same clothing style and colors. Thanks for sharing.