About Me and My Blog

I am a Christian wife, mother, grandmother, teacher, friend and who ever else I am. I have been married for thirty-one years to my best friend, Greg. We live in a small town in East Texas. I am the FCS County Extension Agent. I enjoy sewing, camping, gardening, spending time with family, traveling, riding with Greg on his motorcycle. I am learning about beekeeping, soapmaking, rainwater catchment and other farmish type activities.
The name of my blog comes from a sermon I heard once about a time when Paul had been arrested and was being taken to Rome as a prisoner. The ship, on which he traveled found safe harbor, for the winter, at a place called Fairhaven. The captain of the ship wasn't content with staying so he set sail again and later was ship wrecked. I apply this to my life in that I want to be content with where God has me and what he has for me. If I am not I may end up like the ship that carried Paul, shipwrecked.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Bucket List

I was listening to a sermon on the radio the other day and the guy was asking how often we say "I will do that when things in my life slow down." Yet, we live our lives thinking about one day and never accomplish the things we would like to do. After hearing that I told Greg we need to make a bucket list or set some goals so we can accomplish some of the things we have wanted to do. I started mine; two of the things on my list were a beehive and rain barrels. Yesterday, one of my co-workers told me of a backyard beekeeping workshop to be given in a couple of weeks. When I called to register I was told there will be a demonstration after lunch to show how to make rain barrels. Needless to say, I am very excited.

2 comments:

Candy C. said...

What?!? Two cool workshops in one? I wish I could go with you!

Cathy said...

Candy, just come on down:)