First, I took all the little bits and pieces of soap and washed them off to get any dust and stuff off of them.
Next, I put it in my double boiler and covered it.
Every now and then I would stir and chop it a little with a knife. I did add a small amount of water.
After a while it began to look like pea soup.
I sprayed a muffin pan with pam. I continued to stir the soap every now and then. The more I stirred the smoother it became. When most of the chunks had melted I poured it in the tins. I then took a piece of waxed paper and smashed it down a bit and tried to smooth it on top.
After I figured out how easy it was I went and found some bars of hotel soap and novelty soaps that look pretty in a dish, but are really to small to use. I melted them down as well. The yellowish ones are the ones from the soap scraps. I ended up with twelve soap muffins from soap that would have eventually been tossed, most likely.