About Me and My Blog

I am a Christian wife, mother, grandmother, teacher, friend and who ever else I am. I have been married for thirty-one years to my best friend, Greg. We live in a small town in East Texas. I am the FCS County Extension Agent. I enjoy sewing, camping, gardening, spending time with family, traveling, riding with Greg on his motorcycle. I am learning about beekeeping, soapmaking, rainwater catchment and other farmish type activities.
The name of my blog comes from a sermon I heard once about a time when Paul had been arrested and was being taken to Rome as a prisoner. The ship, on which he traveled found safe harbor, for the winter, at a place called Fairhaven. The captain of the ship wasn't content with staying so he set sail again and later was ship wrecked. I apply this to my life in that I want to be content with where God has me and what he has for me. If I am not I may end up like the ship that carried Paul, shipwrecked.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

In my life this week

  • At my job this week:  We had Professional Development in the morning and classes with our students in the afternoon.  I have thoroughly enjoyed the time with my coworkers and the workshops have been fairly interesting.
  • Places I went:  Greg and I took several evening motorcycle rides because the weather has been so nice.  Tonight, we took it to the car wash and washed and shined the ole girl.
  • My favorite thing:  I won two door prizes during our teachers meetings.  One was a gift card to Subway, which I wasted no time in using, and the other was a bag with a jump drive, pens and a note pad.
  • I'm reading:  Alexandra Stoddards "Living a Beautiful Life"
  • Link: http://www.alexandrastoddard.com/
  • I saw:  One of my chickens found a big fat grub worm.  The others came over and were trying to get it from her.  Just like a bunch of kids.
  • I cooked:  A big pot of vegetable beef soup and Greg had at least three bowls.  When he finished he told me he was sloshing.
  • Grateful for:  Jesus who loves me and is always looking out for me and knows what is best.
I hope you have had a wonderful week, too.

4 comments:

♥ my diary♥ said...

you had a nice week...God bless you my friend...shalom soraya

Candy C. said...

Sounds like a wonderful week! :)

Catherine said...

Yes, it has been a wonderful week. Thanks

Milady said...

Melanie here! I enjoyed this piece, please email me--I have a question about your blog. MelanieLBowen[at]gmail[dot]com