About Me and My Blog

I am a Christian wife, mother, grandmother, teacher, friend and who ever else I am. I have been married for thirty-one years to my best friend, Greg. We live in a small town in East Texas. I am the FCS County Extension Agent. I enjoy sewing, camping, gardening, spending time with family, traveling, riding with Greg on his motorcycle. I am learning about beekeeping, soapmaking, rainwater catchment and other farmish type activities.
The name of my blog comes from a sermon I heard once about a time when Paul had been arrested and was being taken to Rome as a prisoner. The ship, on which he traveled found safe harbor, for the winter, at a place called Fairhaven. The captain of the ship wasn't content with staying so he set sail again and later was ship wrecked. I apply this to my life in that I want to be content with where God has me and what he has for me. If I am not I may end up like the ship that carried Paul, shipwrecked.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Gratitude Journal Entry One "My Dad"



I am now an official member of the Farmgirl Sisterhood. One of the merit badges is on gratitude. The project is to write in a journal everyday for a month about something I am grateful for and nothing can be repeated. I thought I would keep up with some of them here. I wanted to start yesterday, but never had time to slow down and write, but I know what I am grateful for. So, here is yesterday's entry.

12/4/2010
I am grateful for my father who was always there for me, with my best interest in mind. When I graduated from high school he wrote me a letter and in it he told me that as a baby he had dedicated me to the Lord. I know that this has been the number one factor in making me who I am today. I have not or am not now perfect, but my entire life I have had a heart to seek the Lord.
Dad was always willing to pay for lessons or let me try new things or go places and do things that would make my life full. I know now, there were times in which we didn't have the money for these things, but back then I didn't know it. Once I asked if I could take ice skating lessons and he told me, yes. Even though the skating rink wasn't close to our house and it would cost he still was willing to let me if that was what I wanted. I ended up thinking about it and decided not to, but the fact that he was willing has always impressed me.
He made our lives very full with family vacations and weekend trips. I have so many fond memories.
I love you, Dad. Thank you

No comments: