About Me and My Blog

I am a Christian wife, mother, grandmother, teacher, friend and who ever else I am. I have been married for thirty-one years to my best friend, Greg. We live in a small town in East Texas. I am the FCS County Extension Agent. I enjoy sewing, camping, gardening, spending time with family, traveling, riding with Greg on his motorcycle. I am learning about beekeeping, soapmaking, rainwater catchment and other farmish type activities.
The name of my blog comes from a sermon I heard once about a time when Paul had been arrested and was being taken to Rome as a prisoner. The ship, on which he traveled found safe harbor, for the winter, at a place called Fairhaven. The captain of the ship wasn't content with staying so he set sail again and later was ship wrecked. I apply this to my life in that I want to be content with where God has me and what he has for me. If I am not I may end up like the ship that carried Paul, shipwrecked.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Day 24

Today, I am rejoicing in the fact that I will be able to simplify my life due to all the changes in the past few months; I am actually getting a raise in a sense. Now, that Greg is working at Pearson's, I will no longer have to make estimated monthly payments to the IRS. That money can now go to other things. We also know longer need a FAX machine or even our home phone line, so I am considering getting rid of that. I will no longer have to keep up with every little thing we spend money on, for income tax. Greg will not be on the road all the time and he will be getting more exercise doing physical work. I will know where he is during the day and won't have to wonder if he is somewhere having an insulin reaction when I can't get him on the phone. I can now get rid of all the stacks and stacks of boxes, papers, computers, printers, and old parts used for Hunter Engineering. Doing away with all that stuff will actually give me a whole extra room in my house. I will be able to cut Greg's cell phone minutes down because he won't need so many anymore. There won't be as much money coming into the bank account, but there won't be near as much going out, either. I have learned in the past few years, that for me all the hassles of making more money haven't been worth it. Oh, don't get me wrong it has been nice, but now this will be a challenge that I gladly embrace. Thank you, Lord.
P.S. Courtney told us once that we used to have more and more fun before Greg went to work for Hunter Engineering. I think she meant more of what really mattered. I look forward to that simplicity again.

No comments: