About Me and My Blog

I am a Christian wife, mother, grandmother, teacher, friend and who ever else I am. I have been married for thirty-one years to my best friend, Greg. We live in a small town in East Texas. I am the FCS County Extension Agent. I enjoy sewing, camping, gardening, spending time with family, traveling, riding with Greg on his motorcycle. I am learning about beekeeping, soapmaking, rainwater catchment and other farmish type activities.
The name of my blog comes from a sermon I heard once about a time when Paul had been arrested and was being taken to Rome as a prisoner. The ship, on which he traveled found safe harbor, for the winter, at a place called Fairhaven. The captain of the ship wasn't content with staying so he set sail again and later was ship wrecked. I apply this to my life in that I want to be content with where God has me and what he has for me. If I am not I may end up like the ship that carried Paul, shipwrecked.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Day 18

Day 18, which was yesterday, I didn't post
because Greg came in before I had the chance.
I am grateful for Kristen allowing me to watch her girls and make cupcakes and cookies. I was also able to help her out by doing some laundry for her. She thinks the blessing was all hers, but I was blessed as well. Thank you, Kristen for sharing your beautiful little ladies with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Cathy for giving of yourself to my girls, it made me cry to read this. I love you! Janice