About Me and My Blog

I am a Christian wife, mother, grandmother, teacher, friend and who ever else I am. I have been married for thirty-one years to my best friend, Greg. We live in a small town in East Texas. I am the FCS County Extension Agent. I enjoy sewing, camping, gardening, spending time with family, traveling, riding with Greg on his motorcycle. I am learning about beekeeping, soapmaking, rainwater catchment and other farmish type activities.
The name of my blog comes from a sermon I heard once about a time when Paul had been arrested and was being taken to Rome as a prisoner. The ship, on which he traveled found safe harbor, for the winter, at a place called Fairhaven. The captain of the ship wasn't content with staying so he set sail again and later was ship wrecked. I apply this to my life in that I want to be content with where God has me and what he has for me. If I am not I may end up like the ship that carried Paul, shipwrecked.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A day in East Texas

Today, it finally rained; I am so grateful to the Lord for that.  Hopefully, it has put out all of the forest fires.  Yesterday, I was watering our poor struggling tomato garden and noticed how the grape tomatoes grow in little clusters like grapes.  I always thought they were called grape tomatoes because of the size, but I guess it is also, because of  the way they grow.
I also picked some of the cucumbers my mother in law had planted. I was thinking, God sure has a sense of humor.  Look at the funny shapes of these cucumbers.

Bell peppers are on sale around here.  They were .50 a piece when I went shopping, yesterday.  For this area that is a good price, so today I am chopping up a bunch and putting them in the freezer.  I used to buy the frozen onions, bell peppers and celery seasoning mix in the frozen section.  The problem was there were a lot of onions and very few bell peppers.  I decided it would be a much better use of our money if I waited until the fresh went on sale and chopped and froze them myself.  I put them in separate bags so I can use as much or as little as I need.
Last but not least, these are the clouds as they began to build yesterday.  A welcomed sight.

1 comment:

Candy C. said...

I'm glad you guys got some rain! Sure wish we would. :(