About Me and My Blog

I am a Christian wife, mother, grandmother, teacher, friend and who ever else I am. I have been married for thirty-one years to my best friend, Greg. We live in a small town in East Texas. I am the FCS County Extension Agent. I enjoy sewing, camping, gardening, spending time with family, traveling, riding with Greg on his motorcycle. I am learning about beekeeping, soapmaking, rainwater catchment and other farmish type activities.
The name of my blog comes from a sermon I heard once about a time when Paul had been arrested and was being taken to Rome as a prisoner. The ship, on which he traveled found safe harbor, for the winter, at a place called Fairhaven. The captain of the ship wasn't content with staying so he set sail again and later was ship wrecked. I apply this to my life in that I want to be content with where God has me and what he has for me. If I am not I may end up like the ship that carried Paul, shipwrecked.

Sunday, July 5, 2009








This weekend Dawn and I went to Canton to trade days. Her birthday was a week or so back and I told her I would like to go somewhere with her for her birthday. We stayed on what is called "The Mountain" in a bed and breakfast. Actually, it was a bed and bath, because they didn't serve breakfast. Our room ended up having two beds, so we called Courtney and she came and stayed with us, too. These are pictures of our room.

This is a picture of us eating breakfast before we went out and faced the HEAT.

















I got my hair cut Wednesday; it had been six months since I had it cut. I was driving down the road and decided to take a picture, because I can never make my hair look the way the beautician makes it look. She can make it so flat and straight and when I fix it and go out in the humidity, who knows what it will do.





No comments: